Game Designer cum Music Operation (Based in HCMC)
Music Operations / Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Design, maintain and develope content creation in game (beat mapping) to bring the best music experience to user. Maintain and develop focus on content quality. You will live with curation and the design of music related content in the game.
- Plan, design, implement, deploy and monitor Amanotes’ unique music management and content service systems
- Produce solutions to difficult challenges in design, and user experience problems facing both internal customers and end users.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Music Game Design:
- Music Game Operation:
+ Develop and monitor the Audio & Gameplay design of the assigned game (beat mapping): Advice for SFX suitable for the game (UIUX, gameplay, character action...); Demonstrate the level design for a Song to be played across Amanotes’s games.
+ Problem-solving in music game and level design: Solving challenges in game design that are facing both internal customers and end users; Describe exactly how to design audio and gameplay for colleagues and collaborators; Communicate requirements and feedback to collaborators.
+ Quality assurance for the final output in terms of audio and game quality on both master and cover production: Choosing a suitable audio clip for the best part of the song that is suitable to the game; Evaluate and advise audio volume/quality when playing through device speakers; Write documents as Audio & Gameplay making guidelines for the game.
+ Working with other product teams to curate musical Audio & Gameplay.
+ Read and understand the game data.
+ Monitor and observe the user behavior for player experience design improvements.
+ Planning (being familiar with KPI or OKR systems is a plus).
- 2+ years experience as game designer or game product owner.
- Have experience in game projects, in particular Audio & Gameplay design and experience with Unity preferred.
- Playing games and willing to test different action music games or arcade games on mobile or PC or console is a BIG plus.
- Effective communication skills both in verbal, written and presentation manners (English / Vietnamese).
- Good in critical thinking, management skill and problem solving ability.
- Staying calm and effective under pressure.
- Adaptable and user-oriented with time management.
WILL BE A PLUS
- Understanding of basic music theory and taste of music.
- Experience with DAWs such as Ableton, FLstudio,... Knowledge of MIDI programming is a bonus
- Playing 1(+) instrument well is a plus.
- Knowledge of how audio fits in game theme and optimization (including relevant hardware, software and compression issues and a passion for improving tools and efficiency)
We are Amanotes - a fast-growing music-tech company. We seek to delight people with interactive music experiences. Since 2014, 50+ music games and mobile applications were published under our name with 2.5+ billion downloads worldwide and 120+ million monthly active users. From 2019, we were proudly listed as the #1 mobile apps publisher from Southeast Asia, the #1 music games publisher worldwide, and one of the top 10 mobile app publishers across all categories. In 2022, we’ve got certification as a “Great Place to Work’’, and Vietnam's best IT companies 2022 award by ITviec.
If you love to work in a creative environment with music all around the corner, come join us!
Explore our products on Google Play and iOS App Store such as Magic Tiles 3, Tiles Hop and Dancing Road.
How To Apply?
Click the button or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we hire
Your application has been well received! HR team will screen your resume and contact if your profile are qualified.